5.14.2009

Why do I let a silly TV show bother me...?


I'm feeling frustrated after last night's reveal on American Idol. The results show came down to Danny (who's never been in the bottom 3), Kris (the humble, boy next door), and Adam (the makeup wearing, rocker). I was hoping for a Danny & Kris finale, but it just wasn't so. I was greatly disappointed with America's vote... Danny was given the boot, and the finale will be Kris and Adam.

While Adam is talented, and a showman for sure, I have a serious problem with his lifestyle, and his lack of morals. I would not idolize Adam, nor would I want my children to idolize him. I realize it's a talent competition, but these people who are chosen ultimately become celebrities, heart-throbs, people that our children and youth look up to. (It's unfortunate that we do look up to them!) I actually don't like the way Adam sings, it's totally not my style, and I think his voice will be in trouble if he keeps singing like that. I know Kris and Danny both have huge careers ahead of them, I will be the first in line to buy their albums. (I was just really looking forward to the finale with them in it:)

I'm rooting for Kris, and will most definitely be voting on results night!:)

8 comments:

Rachelle said...

dittoooo everything you said! i'm sorry, but i can't stand Adam's singing. It is sooo not my style! I am pretty tolerable of all music, but he sounds like nails being scratched down a chalkboard in my little ears! I was sooo mad Danny got booted. Doesn't it feel like it is rigged or something this year. I stopped watching it about 3 shows ago cuz it made me mad. :)

Gosfam said...

Good Post sister!! I was sad for you when the results were announced last night. Lets make my Idol Party a fabulous tribute to Danny and rooting for Kris :)

Sara said...

I missed the results show last night however I am not surprised that Adam made it in. I really loved Danny's voice and his the endearing love he had for his deceased wife. I hope that Kris wins next week!

Teresa said...

Yeah, I cannot stand Adam and there is a huge following after him, it disappoints me to a great extent! I really liked Danny, but the other guy will do better than freakin' Adam. Boo.

Carol said...

I was also disappointed I have never liked Adam and what he seems to represent. By the way it is Reeds fault that we even watch the show, when Rylee and I watch it we fast forward through everything, where as Reed has to watch EVERYTHING, I will be voting for Chris also. May the best man win!!
Carol

Mommy Crafts said...

Amen Sister!! My Vote Kris!!

Raylyce said...

So your happy now that Kris won right?

Emily said...

You vote? Idol is like politics for me... I don't vote, but I still whine.;) And I HATED Danny Gokey. Sorry. I actually cheered when he got the boot. And though I was rooting for Adam (flash back to our ghetto days, you know this doesn't surprise you) I wasn't disappointed Kris won. And he is too humble.