Since my birthday fell on Mother's Day this year, I had a very busy weekend:) I didn't take any pictures of my birthday parties, so I'll have to wait to steal some from my sister:) My friends threw me a sursprise lunch party on Friday, I love my friends, it was very nice! I had a party on Saturday with my family, received some gardening stuff, scrapbooking stuff, & other nice gifts from my fam. Mother's Day on Sunday: breakfast was cooked by my sweet hubby, lunch was cooked by my dad, hubby, and brothers, and dinner was cooked by my father-in-law. One whole day without having to cook... now that's heaven:)
Monday's party with Lucas' family, I received an adorable "Bonsai" tree, scrapbooking paper, and stamps.
I felt very spoiled, and very blessed, thanks to my family and friends who made my bday special. It was my last birthday of my 20's, next year is the BIG 3-0:) Sniff, sniff!
My favorite present this year came from my hubby:
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies -- "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." So begins Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, an expanded edition of the beloved Jane Austen novel featuring all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie mayhem. As our story opens, a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton—and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet is determined to wipe out the zombie menace, but she's soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr. Darcy. What ensues is a delightful comedy of manners with plenty of civilized sparring between the two young lovers—and even more violent sparring on the blood-soaked battlefield as Elizabeth wages war against hordes of flesh-eating undead. Can she vanquish the spawn of Satan? And overcome the social prejudices of the class-conscious landed gentry?--Chronicle Books.com
--Lucas figured since I loved Twilight, I'd love this book:) He's so thoughtful. "Pride & Prejudice and Zombies" is on the New York Times Bestseller list, it's got to be good:) I am excited to read it, I'll let you all know when I'm done:)
5.13.2009
Happy Birthday to Me:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Happy Birthday Shanell! You are such a great friend and person. Thanks for the friendship all of these years. It seems that childhood friendships last forever and I hope that is true with us. Enjoy your last year of your twenties! LOVE YA AND MISS YA. See you in July.
you will have to let me know how you liked the book, and late happy birthday, I always remember your birthday and think about you! but you know me that is as far as it goes!! sorry. love ya hope you had a great day, it sounds like you did.
Carol
I didn't realize our birthdays are so close! We really do have a lot in common! Hope it was a fabulous day for you! It sounds like it. I too have heard a lot about this new book and am intrigued. Can't wait to hear about it! I am a HUGE P&P fan, probably the biggest and dorkiest ever!
I forgot your birthday and my dad's birthday are the same. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday/Mother's day weekend. It is kind of sad to think we will be turning 30 our next birthdays huh?
Happy Belated birthday! I have read a ton of vampire books since Twilight and there are a few that I've liked, but they can get pretty romantic...if you know what I mean. So I can't recommend them to many people. I just skip over the parts, but that's hard for some. You'll have to let me know how it is. I also like P&P.
Post a Comment