3.08.2010

Oh Mr. Sun, We Love You!

--Everyone was happy about the Sunshiny Day:) (My sweet Rhenster turns 6 in a little over a week...she is such a great kid:)

We have had great weather the last few weeks. There is still a slight chill in the air, but we have certainly been blessed by the reappearance of Mr. Sun, he's been gone for too long:) We went to the park several times in one week... This particular day it was almost warm outside. We decided to go to the playground of dreams, as well as take the kiddos to the duck pond that's near the park. My little sister, Kyra and her family were in town for the weekend, so we took Grandma Nea, and all the kids and went to the park.

--There were so many birds at the pond, the kids were thrilled to have so many to feed:)

I had an entire grocery sack full of bread crusts (thanks to my sister-in-law, April's baby shower, we made egg salad sandwiches, we used 3 loaves of bread, and cut all the crusts off the bread), plus I had some old hot dog buns to feed the ducks & geese with. Believe it or not, the bread only lasted for maybe 7mins. I guess for 3 adults, and 5 kids, we need 2 bags of bread crumbs:)


The playground of dreams is a pretty fun park for kids, but it's almost too big, and there are always too many people... too many older kids (11-16years old), it was super annoying to have kids skateboarding down slides that your kids are trying to go down. (I actually, very nicely told the kids that the toys weren't meant for skateboards and they should probably take their skateboards over to the skate park... sidenote: the skate park is just across the parking lot from the playground) Good Times!


--Jodee & Jayda were quite the little posers, I didn't even have to tell them to pose for pictures... they'd say, "Mom, look at us, take our picture.":)
--Rhenley was so good at the monkey bars... she defnitely put her mommy to shame... I haven't been able to do the monkey bars since grade school... so sad:(

--This picture was fun to take, I was laying down, looking up into the tube, all the kids looked down at me, and I took the picture... turned out pretty cute:) (We then tried to reenact the same picture, but couldn't get the lighting right, then tons of other kids would poke their heads in while we were shooting... man times like these I wish I had a rapid shot setting on my camera:)lol FIASCO!:)

Thank you Mr. Sun for entertaining us today, we love to see your bright, smiling face:)

2 comments:

Gosfam said...

Fun times at the park. Love all the pics, and those twins have their poses down :) Kendall and Peyton always have their legs and hands in like model poses--LOL!!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Wanna start thinking of a date for your photo session? I'm going to be there from Apr. 15-May 4. If we can do them near the beginning that would be best, bc I don't know when Tai will be having her baby. I think it will be a little busy afterwards! I'm so excited! Let me know what you think! And I don't have your email address, so email me at osulindleys@yahoo.com and we can figure out specifics! Woo-hoo!