1.13.2010

Our Christmas Tree...

It was so much fun to be able to go up into the mountains and cut down our Christmas tree. Before we went to find our tree, Grandma and Grandpa had surprises for the all the grandkids. They made, wooden sleds, wooden snow-shoes, and hats for all the kids. It was so special! Plus Grandma & Grandpa got each kid their own little backpack and water bottle for the Christmas tree adventure, plus to have for adventures in the future.
--Rhenley loved her snow-shoes, they were really easy for her to walk in:) Grandma made sure their cute hats matched their coats, Thanks Grandma!:)
--Jayda & Jodee thought their sleds were GREAT!:) And the hats were so cute on them... don't you think?:)

--Our family all bundled up, and ready to find that perfect tree...
--Darren, Tessa, and baby Kloee, geared up and ready to go:)
--Erikka, it really wasn't that cold outside:)
--My adorable nephew, Zakry, he was so cute all bundled up, trying to walk in his snow-shoes:)

(Grandma Jiggy with "The Tree":)
So, we got all bundled up, and went to find "the perfect" tree. The perfect tree for one person, wasn't the perfect for someone else. It took a little while to find just the right tree. In the end, the tree they chose wasn't my favorite, wasn't my first choice. However, I was pleasantly surprised how beautiful it was once it was decorated:)
--The kiddos decorating the tree...
...stringing popcorn with Grandma...


--The finished product... it really was very pretty... every family brought 2 ornaments per family member, we made ornaments as craft projects throughout the week, we made paper chains, and popcorn strings... So much fun for everyone!:)

Added Bonus: Our tree only cost $5.00:)

Stay tuned for more Christmas in Wallace... (I have a lot to post, hence the delay in posting... it's a little overwhelming:)

6 comments:

Raylyce said...

What a fun trip! I can't wait to live somewhere green!

Gosfam said...

Seriously looks like fun. I can't get over how cute the sleds, hats, and snowshoes are, and also how fabulous that scary tree turned out :)

Jamie said...

How fun! So, the tree was for Lucas's parents house? Is that right? They did such a great job of making it a fun and exciting for everyone. I loved it. Will it be a yearly tradition? The tree really is beautiful.

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

What a great adventure! I bet all the kids are going to remember this Christmas forever!!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

What a fun Christmas tradition. I have always wanted to go out and find our own tree. So much fun! The kids will always remember that!

The Stevens: said...

We stayed in a house in Wallace, ID for a week. The tree was for the house... it would definitely be a fun tradition to cut down our own tree... ( I don't know how far I'd be willing to drive to cut down our tree every year?:)