My mom came over last week and helped the girls and I dry cherries. Everyone was involved, I washed, took off the stems, and supervised Rhen/the pit remover. 

Rhenley was such a pro, and got a kick out of using the cherry pitter.
Jodee & Jayda helped Grandma Nea cut the cherries in half, and put them on the dryer racks. (More cherries were put in their mouths than on the racks, but it was fun for them to help:)
After almost 8 hours of drying, the cherries were done... 6lbs of fresh cherries=2 ziploc sandwich bags of dried cherries. It was quite the chore, for so little reward, but the cherries were sooooo yummy, and were eatin in just a few days. (I probably ate more than anyone:)
7.07.2009
Cherries, Cherries, and more Cherries...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I just got done, with all my cherries, I am so glad that is done, your little girl was so cute helping you out!!
can't wait to see you all
Wow! You are so lucky to be able to have all of those cherries without going broke. They are on sale here in Vegas for $3 a lbs. You should have canned some!
Wow what a job. Good for you. I am afraid I just am not that motivated to take on such a task, but I am sure they were so yummy! Looks like Rhen had a great time. It is all about the memories anyways right? Oh, and I guess the cherries too.
Looks so yummy!
Post a Comment